Over the last decade, the world has encountered extreme heatwaves, less predictable weather patterns, shrinking glaciers, and overall warmer temperatures. As human activities continue to create greenhouse gasses, it is likely that temperatures will continue to rise. Though combating climate change is complicated and there is no easy solution, many believe that one of the simplest and cheapest steps we can all take is to improve our energy efficiency. By taking advantage of some of these ways to save on electricity in Abbeville, you’ll be able to help the environment while also saving some money on your utility bills!
10 Ways to Save on Electricity in Abbeville
- Help your refrigerator to operate as efficiently as possible.
- Keep your refrigerator stocked with drinks and food because it takes more energy to cool empty spaces. Place jugs of water in your fridge to fill spaces if needed.
- Clean the refrigerator coils to keep them free of dirt and grime.
- Let warm food cool off before you place it into the refrigerator.
- Unplug chargers and electronics when not in use. Many of these items will gobble up electricity even when not used. Ways to save on electricity in Abbeville,
- When you are done using a light or an appliance, turn it off right away.
- Consider installing dimmer switches so that you have the option to use a lesser amount of light.
- When feasible, dry clothing and linens on a line instead of in the dryer.
- Install ceiling fans to help keep your family cool so that you don’t have to set the temperature of your air conditioner as low.
- Program your thermostat to a higher temperature for times when no one will be at home.
- Replace your air conditioner filters regularly to keep your system operating efficiently.
- Seal up any leaks around windows and doors.
Contact a licensed electrician to perform a home energy audit. We can help you find additional opportunities to save on electricity in Abbeville.
Making small changes can be the beginning of making a big difference. At Pipes & Plugs, our electricians are here to help with any electrical service in Abbeville, New Iberia, or Lafayette, LA. If you think that your electricity bills are too high or you’re looking for ways to lessen your footprint on the environment, give our electricians a call!