During the winter season, people have a tendency to put things off, but spring is a great time for yard work, cleaning, organizing, and making sure all parts of your home are in proper working order. At Pipes & Plugs, we can’t help you go through old boxes or paperwork, but we can help you get started on examining your home’s plumbing. Check out this spring plumbing checklist from our New Iberia plumbers.
Spring Plumbing Checklist for Residents of New Iberia, Lafayette, & Abbeville
1. Address toilet troubles. A lot of times people make do with toilet annoyances like having to hold down the handle to flush or having to jiggle the handle to make the toilet stop running. Usually, these problems only need an inexpensive toilet part replacement to be resolved. Give Pipes & Plugs a call for toilet repair or, if necessary, new toilet installation.
2. Get water heater maintenance. Your water heater will last longer and perform more efficiently if it gets the proper maintenance to prevent sediment buildup. Call our New Iberia plumbing contractors for water heater maintenance, and don’t worry, it won’t take long.
3. Make sure your sump pump works. A broken sump pump can lead to a watery disaster. To ensure your sump pump works, dump a few buckets of water into the pit and see if it turns on and drains the water. If it doesn’t, call Pipes & Plugs for sump pump repair.
4. Have dripping faucets repaired. Leaky faucets wastewater. To conserve water and save money on your water bill, have one of our New Iberia plumbers repair or replace your leaky faucet.
5. Clean out yard drains and gutters. It’s important that water be able to flow away from your home. Remove any debris that could prevent water from draining properly.
At Pipes & Plugs, we’re happy to help you with any plumbing service you may need in New Iberia, Lafayette, and Abbeville. Make our spring plumbing checklist part of your springtime to-do list this year!