Unless you own a tankless water heater, chances are your home’s water heater will not meet the new energy efficiency mandates set to take effect in April 2015. Does this mean you MUST purchase a new water heater? No. Does this mean you may want to consider a new water heater? Yes. You can expect to see a plethora of higher efficiency water heaters available in April 2015, not just in Lafayette, but across the country.
Here are the facts about the new water heater standards taking effect in April 2015:
- The U.S. Department of Energy is setting the new standards.
- A new high-efficiency water heater may require the addition of technology that your old water heater didn’t need, such as a higher voltage outlet or improved ventilation.
- The new standards require higher energy factor ratings on all residential water heaters including: gas water heaters, instant water heaters, and electric water heaters.
- Because the new standard of water heater will have a more sophisticated design, it will be important to get periodic water heater maintenance.
- Improved water heater efficiency equates to energy savings and therefore a less expensive utility bill for you! The new water heaters are a great example of green plumbing technology.
Pipes & Plugs believes whole heartedly in changes that will help our customers to save money and also help to reduce negative impact on the environment. If you have questions about the upcoming changes to water heater standards or need a water heater installation or repair in Lafayette, New Iberia, or Abbeville, contact Pipes & Plugs today!