While most electricians in Lafayette, New Iberia, and Abbeville are honest and fair, you must watch out for the few who will try to pull one over on you. Obviously, we hope you’ll choose Pipes & Plugs for all your electrical service needs, but most of all, we want you to select an electrician who will practice electrical safety and provide you with the positive experience that you deserve. Consider the following tips when choosing an electrician to avoid scams and other problems.
- Shop around. You don’t need to choose the first electrician you come across. Ask friends and neighbors for recommendations. Ask electricians for references so that you can verify skill and work ethic.
- Do your research. These days, the internet allows us to easily access a ton of information. Take a look at online reviews and see if other people have had good experiences with the company.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau. You can check to make sure that electricians are insured and certified. You’ll also be able to find out about any recent scams.
- Discuss the work to be done and ask questions. Any good electrician will be happy to explain the service he will provide and answer any questions that you may have. If you find an electrician is being too technical or won’t accommodate your inquiries, consider hiring someone else.
- Don’t bother with any electricians that come to your door offering a free inspection. It could be unsafe to let this stranger into your home or he could be looking to charge you exorbitant amounts of money for unnecessary electrical services.
- Be wary if you’re told that your home will need a full rewiring. While in some cases new electrical wiring may be necessary, you’ll want to get additional opinions before proceeding with such a costly endeavor.
- Don’t pay upfront or use cash. Many scammer electricians will want all the money upfront, and then they won’t bother to finish the work. By paying with a check or credit card, you assure that there is a paper trail in case your experience becomes negative and action needs to be taken.
Our Lafayette, New Iberia, and Abbeville electricians have over 40 years of combined experience and guarantee your satisfaction. Don’t choose an electrician that you’re unsure about; go with the electricians that have proven themselves to be knowledgeable, skilled, and trustworthy time and time again. Give Pipes & Plugs a call today!