Purchasing a home is a huge decision and could be the biggest investment that you ever make. While there are many aspects of a home that people consider during their search, we find that the electrical system is oftentimes overlooked. This can be an unfortunate oversight since electrical problems can be both dangerous and expensive to remedy. At Pipes & Plugs, we recommend getting an electrical inspection on any home that you are seriously considering. This way our Lafayette licensed electricians can advise you of any electrical repairs or electrical upgrades that you’ll need, as well as any electrical safety issues. You can use this information to help determine if a home is worth purchasing and if the price needs to be adjusted. Furthermore, you’ll have a better understanding of the home’s electrical system and any changes that will need to be made.
During home electrical inspections in Lafayette, New Iberia, and Abbeville, our electricians do the following:
- Find electrical hazards
- Test carbon monoxide detectors
- Test smoke detectors
- Check for grounding systems
- Look for outdated electrical wiring such as knob & tube wiring
- Examine safety & security lighting
- Look for appropriate surge protection
- Inspect electrical panels
- Look at outdoor electrical systems for issues
- Test outlets & switches to make sure they operate properly
- See if homes are equipped with GFCI outlets where needed
Getting a home electrical inspection in Lafayette, LA can help you avoid the unpleasant, expensive surprises that some homeowners face after purchasing a home. Having a safe, properly functioning electrical system is extremely important and it is not a home feature you want to overlook! To schedule a home electrical inspection in Lafayette, New Iberia, or Abbeville with Pipes & Plugs, give us a call today!